Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

L.IF.E

Woke up this morning and stepped into my 18-year-old life.
The age old question - Do you feel any different? HA. No. 
But it's the same every single year, but somehow, in the midst of feeling no different at all, I'm 18. Where did the time go? My little cousins where over today, and it was like I was looking at myself from far away when I looked at them. And when they say "They grow up so fast," It's no joke. And now I see where the tears in the parents eyes come from as they say it. It's not only because they are losing their baby girl, it's because they know that things won't be wonderful and naive forever. We're going to feel pain, we're going to feel remorse, we'll feel the weight of guilt and cry in sorrow. 
And we're going to lose people we love. Yes, they will be ripped away, and grieved for. They will be torn out of our hearts leaving one giant gaping hole that nothing can fill, and a hunger for their company that can't be satisfied. 
I guess this is a little morbid, especially in light of the fact that I am currently celebrating a landmark birthday. But hey, we're all entitled to a little masochism occasionally aren't we? Maybe I'm just feeling old.
Song of the Day, Southbound Train, Jon Foreman. 
Check it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyymdvWIQlA


UBC Panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment