Pages

Monday 28 November 2011

A Gift.

I had a dream last night which I think was an indirect gift from God. 
I'll give you a bit of a background story first so you'll understand. 
I had a friend, who I was in love with for the better part of 10 years. He was absolutely fantastic in every single way, but we went to different high schools, and although he still had my heart for awhile, I managed to kind of push it to the back of my head. 
This summer on July 7th, he passed on. He fell asleep at the wheel and just like that his life was over. 
I miss him like hell every single day I walk this earth. 
But last night, I had a dream about him. I was at the church that we went to together for our whole lives, and he was there. But we all knew it was only for a little while. For some reason we all knew that he had to leave us again. So people came and went, and I stood at the back of the room watching him interact and talk to people, waiting for my turn to talk to him. 
And just like that I had a moment completely alone with him. Everyone else disappeared and it was me and him. Not a single word was spoken, but he closed the distance between us and hugged me. If anyone reading this knew Victor, he gave the most amazing hugs. And for a few brief seconds, I was hugging him again. For real. 
And then his family came, with wan smiles on their faces and he left with them, knowing this was the last time we would see each other. 
Solemn and sure I went out to the parking lot, where I saw him and his family climb into their Volkswagen van looking so complete and whole. And I cried. Good tears, the kind that cleanse you, not drain you. And there was my grandpa beside me. Holding my hand, crying with me. 
I woke up and felt one last salty tear roll down my cheek. 
It was the best birthday present I could have ever asked for. 
Thank you God.


UBC Panties.

2 comments: